Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to ...
Flow20 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2022 20:07 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm compiling photos & video clips to create a video. I have a photo of a large family posing together for a group photo. I want the full photo to fade onto the screen (that part is easy) and then I want to slowly zoom in on the face of one of the family members. In previous programs I've used, all I have to do is select the feature and 2 boxes pop up of my family photo. In the first box, I easily pick the start point of the photo and in box 2, I enlarge the photo to show how (where) the focus point looks after the effect. Some programs call it the Ken Burns Effect. Is there a way to do that using PD365? I've searched the forum and found lots of comments about keyframes, dragging arrows, panning, etc, but I'm just struggling with this. The "start box / end box" method was SO EASY and FAST. Isn't there a way to do this on PD?

Can anyone point me to a tutorial video or explain how to accomplish this quickly on a photo? Thanks so much
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I think that you are looking for Magic motion on still images?
have a look at this tutorial: https://youtu.be/_yKurLEZF7I
There are a number of presets to pick from. In all cases you can fine tune the motion if you need to.
Flow20 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, that is helpful. I've got it down until the very end of the motion. As soon as it reaches the end of the zoom and it's focused on one person in the group, it ends. How do I get it to pause for a couple seconds on the close up shot at the end of the zoom?

Quote I think that you are looking for Magic motion on still images?
have a look at this tutorial: https://youtu.be/_yKurLEZF7I
There are a number of presets to pick from. In all cases you can fine tune the motion if you need to.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Take a snapshot of the final frame on the timeline then set its duration for as long as you want
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed, a snapshot of the picture fully zoomed in is a good option and you avoid having to use keyframes.
The other option but a bit more difficult, is to set the required motion style and then open the motion designer, point to a position in the timeline that is the required number of seconds before end, and press duplicate keyframe and select duplication from next keyframe.
My experience is, that once you get the hang of it, it is faster to click the user defined and set the keyframes as required. This goes fast enough and you can set both the keyframe at the beginning and end so that the zooming starts a few moments after the picture is shown, and ends a few moments before the picture ends. The zooming can also be set very precisely.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2022 09:52

Flow20 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your help! Another question .... I would like to put a white border around all 50+ photos in the timeline. I know how to put a border around one photo using PIP but is there a way to put the same border around all photos at the same time?

I think I saw that as an option for all videos but how about photos. This would save me so much time if I didn't have to click every photo and open the PIP window to add a border for each photo one-at-a-time.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Right click on the first photo you've formatted and choose Edit Clip Keyfrmae > Copy Keyframe Attributes. Next select all the other photos then right click on one and do the same thing except choose Paste Keyframe Attibutes.
Flow20 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thought that might work, but no luck. Thanks for the response though! Any other suggestions?

Quote Try this: Right click on the first photo you've formatted and choose Edit Clip Keyfrmae > Copy Keyframe Attributes. Next select all the other photos then right click on one and do the same thing except choose Paste Keyframe Attibutes.
optodata
[Post New]
Yes. When that doesn't work, copy your original photo and place 49+ copies one after the other on the timeline. It might be faster to do that 9x then copy those 10 clips at once and paste them 5 or more times.

Once those are all in place, drag the correct photo from the media room directly onto the proper timeline copy and choose Replace. That will swap out the copied photo with the one you actually want and will leave all the formatting intactđź‘Ť
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thought that might work, but no luck. Thanks for the response though! Any other suggestions?

Hi,
Two other techniques that might be useful, they do not "embed" a border into an image, so will not meet your needs here - but are useful to bear in mind in the right circumstances.

Produce a border image in an image editor, with the border of your choice (useful if you needed a patterned border for example), save it as a .png and use it as an overlay for each image. In effect they act as a "pair of images".

A bit quick and dirty but useful nonetheless. It can be refined to become quite creative in the right context. Works best if all images are the same AR.
Place a colorboard (or any other image) of your choice on track 1 as the basis for a border.
Extend it to the duration needed.
Place your images in order on track 2.
Resize your 1st image to show the colorboard as a border.
Copy Keyframe Attributes.
Select all the other images.
Paste Keyframe Attributes.
Job done.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do