Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I animate the video position based on movements in the video?
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
For example when someone bobs their head from left to right in the main video, can I track that movement and animate the main video's position with that?

I did look into motion tracking but Its purpose seems to be text overlays and such.

I want to animate the main video's position, not some overlay. So basically I want to move the whole video along with whatever I'm tracking in the main video.

Is this possible with PD?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Just for my understanding: do you want to select a object in your video and then when that moves you want the whole picture to move along. Is the effect of that then that this selected object is fixed in one place, irrispective of its movement?
Paul999 [Avatar]
[Post New]
"do you want to select a object in your video and then when that moves you want the whole picture to move along."

Yes

"Is the effect of that then that this selected object is fixed in one place, irrispective of its movement?"

No, the object would move along with the whole picture.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm, I dont know precisely what effect you are looking for....
Maybe it is panning what you want to do? Object goes to left, you want the picture to follow that movement?

Here is a suggestion: have a look at the Crop/zoom/pan option. Start with a keyframe at the beginning of the clip and zoom in (as you may not want any black outside the screen? If you dont mind the black borders then don't zoom in) and position the screen in the vacinity of the object. Then move the clip forward to a place where the object has moved a bit and move the screen again in the vanicity of the object and add a keyframe. If you make keyframes with a proper space, then PD will move the screen with the object from keyframe to keyframe. I would assume that you you have to play a bit with the position of the keyframes to make sure that the object is followed like you want, adding more or dropping a few keyframes may get it right?1

If this is not what you are looking for, maybe send an example?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think Warry is right, and maybe see if this discussion gives you an idea of what the process will look like.
Paul999 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok thanks yes I know how to do it with keyframes. I was just curious if there was an automated way to animate like that based on movement tracking, but it seems there isn't.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No there aren't any automated tools. You can request this from Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from the File menu.