Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-ray disk doesn't play, Says "Loading Blu-ray Disk" then window inmmediately closes
frumiousB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2020 13:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD 22, on Windows 10, Pioneer Blu-ray external Drive

Flash Gordon Blu-ray

Any way to troubleshoot this?

-------------
Update: This has now been fixed. The issue was my antivirus software. Completely removing it and then reinstalling PowerdVD solved the problem.

TL;DR:

This has been a long two-month process but I want to add that the support people at CyberLink were always very courteous and prompt in their replies and never gave up on this. After a lot of troubleshooting back and forth, they said to uninstall my antivirus. Today I did that but the error and lack of blu-ray disk playback still persisted.

So I gave up and started to reinstall my antivirus but I got an error. The antivirus install software said there was an incompatibility with some installed software that kept it from installing its core driver software. (Hmmmm. Just like PowerDVD.) Well after some search I found out that the antivirus software may not have been completely uninstalled, which was interfering with the reinstall, and they advised people to use their clean-up tool to completely remove it. I ran that clean-up tool and it did do a lot of removal stuff.

At that point I could have gone ahead and re-installed the antivirus but I thought with it completely removed now I could try the PowerDVD install again one more time. I did that, then when it was done I popped in a bluray, and for the first time in two months, it played. I have my antivirus reinstalled now, PowerDVD is still working perfectly and blurays are playing and everything is good. My antivirus was Kaspersky Total Security if you're wondering and maybe have the same problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2022 14:31

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
You didn't provide your DXDiag file as is requested, so can only guess that maybe the problem is caused by your anti-virus software, a malfunction in your disc drive, or a GPU driver update is required,

Dave
frumiousB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You didn't provide your DXDiag file as is requested, so can only guess that maybe the problem is caused by your anti-virus software, a malfunction in your disc drive, or a GPU driver update is required,

Dave

Thank you for answering my question regarding how to diagnose. I have attached that file now. The Blu-ray device is drive F:
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
144 time(s)
frumiousB [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've made a video showing me selecting the play button and the software failing repeatedly.
 Filename
PowerDVDnotworking.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
A video file showing the failure to play a blu-ray disk
 Filesize
582 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)
frumiousB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also, I've attempted the following:

I uninstalled PowerDVD 365, restarted the pc, disabled all my anti-virus then reinstalled PowerDVD 365. I still get a failure to play the blu-ray.

Then I tried restarting the PC again and tried but still a failure to play.
frumiousB [Avatar]
[Post New]
An update, this still doesn't work.

I've now tried a completely different blu-ray player and two different movies.

So in summary PowerDVD 22 is not capable of playing any blu-ray disk on any player. It's a complete failure.
Randall1987 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2022 09:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

• I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! And it's BULL S**T... Had to go back to 18 and it works just fine. I asked for a refund and they just tell me to update drivers/programs/make and run their comparability test to make sure my system can play blu-ray like I'm stupid ... their power DVD 18 works just fine on same system same hardware, so of course it's compatible. They done took our money and don't care.. POWER DVD use to be hands down the best but after this crap...... They can go pound Sand. it plays DVD still. But they apparently don't support Blu-ray.. and it's fulse advertising and should be a law suit against them for it. Not to mention that the want telemetry data from you...if a older version works but newer one don't it's their fault for breaking comparability, as they already know how to make it right but refuse to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2022 21:43

Randall1987 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2022 09:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Normally I would try and be understanding but after seeing how they are treating other customers with the same problem. They deserve to lose customers. I will never recommend.. after power DVD 18 stops working I will look elsewhere