Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Inserting oneself into a movie
VMK123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2020 22:30 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Can Cyberlink 17 have the capability to insert yourself behind an actor in a movie?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2022 19:10

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It will likely take a lot of "editing" to get yourself or anything for that matter, inserted BEHIND an actor in the clip. I dont think that there is any video editor out there that can do that with a preset function.
What it takes is
A copy of the clip in the background.
On top of that a clip of you, taken with a green screen, removing the green, so that you are present as part of the clip
And then on top of that a copy of the original clip (already in the back ground), in which the actor who needs to be in front of you, is all masked out. This masking should be done very precisely, otherwise you will see what trick is being played. Not trivial at all. Probably a frame by frame setting. I think that the options in the most recent version of PD (20) is better suited to do such masking.
VMK123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2020 22:30 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It will likely take a lot of "editing" to get yourself or anything for that matter, inserted BEHIND an actor in the clip. I dont think that there is any video editor out there that can do that with a preset function.
What it takes is
A copy of the clip in the background.
On top of that a clip of you, taken with a green screen, removing the green, so that you are present as part of the clip
And then on top of that a copy of the original clip (already in the back ground), in which the actor who needs to be in front of you, is all masked out. This masking should be done very precisely, otherwise you will see what trick is being played. Not trivial at all. Probably a frame by frame setting. I think that the options in the most recent version of PD (20) is better suited to do such masking.

Thank you very much for your reply. I do understand what you are saying. The Hitfilmm Express as a tutorial on this but with one less video. Since I do have Cyberlink, I wanted to stick with this one. I'll try what you said, Thank you.