Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink 20/365 Empty Produce Window - Cannot Even Start Produce Process
Darthmufin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2022 03:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. Been a Powerdirector user for quite a while and decided to try the latest version as I noticed a free version was available. However, after setting everything up I noticed that clicking "Produce" would simply open up a Blank window that says "Powerdirector" and nothing happens. I can close the window, but clicking Produce again opens it up. I closed the program several times and uninstalled once to no avail.

If I click "Produce" with a blank project, it automatically goes to the burn CD menu with a stock project ready to go oddly enough and on first start with the program a blank window with no text appears and it cannot be exited, forcing a manual closing through task manager.

Looking up this issue I see zero people with this problem.

Blank Popup Preventing Producing .
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I click "Produce" with a blank project, it automatically goes to the burn CD menu with a stock project ready to go oddly enough and on first start with the program a blank window with no text appears and it cannot be exited, forcing a manual closing through task manager.

Looking up this issue I see zero people with this problem.

Producing Blank projects may be a problem with the free version. Try placing some clips on the timeline first
Darthmufin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2022 03:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Producing Blank projects may be a problem with the free version. Try placing some clips on the timeline first

I'm not producing blank projects. Already uninstalled the product as its clearly broken in whatever is the latest version, but yeah.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The free version has many limitations and often isn't compatible with having a full older PD version on your system. Can you tell us whether you're using the free version on a new PC/Mac or if you've installed it on a computer with an existing PD installation?

It might also help to see the DxDiag specs for your system. See the Read Me Before Posting guide for details.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2022 20:04