Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very slow access to titles etc
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
After loading PD (365) it takes many many minutes on my (fast Windows 11) PC to list all Titles, Effects, Transitions, etc.
This no doubt has to do with all the potentially downloadable stuff. But this kind of slowness is not acceptable.
Also my Custom titles are not listed at all.

Does anyone have similar problems and is there something I can do to get my custom titles back ?

thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2022 14:59

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm seeing the exact same thing, except that all my custom titles are intact.

I also can't use the Search the library function until all the items have been populated. This seems to have started with the latest 2829 release, but I can't be certain it didn't show up a version or two before as there were several updates related to previous glitches that were released in quick succession. It seems that we can now add another item to that list

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 17. 2022 14:37

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed the release 2829. I noticed that when adding a custom title, It WAS listed the next time. Swapping this title for an old one did not work, the 1 custom title was simply ignored. Restating the 1 title again and after restart of PD it was available again. So there is some cashing list that is maintained by PD. but when and how?
I have many custom titles from many PD versions and recently had to reinstall windows. The titles I added after the installation of PD. So what I did was:

• uninstall PD

• restart windows (11, maby that is also a factor??)

• put the custom titles etc. in the document/cyberlink/powerdirector folder

• reinstalled PD

and then the titles where back again.
So that problem is sort of solved.

Now w.r.t. the loading of titles and other stuff. Like Optodata writes: during the loading (or making inventory you can also call it) PD is very very busy. Better not start editing but best wait until the loading is done. I guess that the Search library is also blocked by this everything consuming loading process. E.g. when trying to view a clip, when the title room is open and titles are being added, the viewing stalls.

I see that the downloaded entry in each of the rooms is full with entries that where otherwise classified separately, try the transition room: under both Downloaded and under basic shapes one can find a series of basic shapes. They are listed twice. Which from functional perpective may be the right thing to do, but not when this is one of the reasons why PD cannot be used after start for a while because it has to load all the additional stuff...
I also guess that the new policy to download (individual) items from the rooms, means that the potential items have to be found and listed too. This all will add up to the anoying loading (by lack of a better word) process, which makes PD not so fun to use anymore.

Switching between the various rooms is also a problem. You can see that PD has a problem getting rid of the items from the old room and showing the items for the newly selected room....

Using the title editor made PD crash. After about 3 minutes it was still loading titles, effects etc......

The list of problems gets too long, Cyberlink!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 18. 2022 03:48

Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have now removed (uninstalled) the large majority of packs from PD to make editing with PD 365 at least a bit doable.
Given that CL is adding so much "fun" stuff every month, (+ the change in approach to enable downloading directly from PD), the handling of all that stuff appears to be too much for PD.
I hope that Cyberlink is correcting this as soon as possible. Otherwise we have to look for other Video Editing Software... Alas

Please anyone, let me know whether there are options to improve this situation!

(I have summited a request: CS002504680)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have now removed (uninstalled) the large majority of packs from PD to make editing with PD 365 at least a bit doable.
Given that CL is adding so much "fun" stuff every month, (+ the change in approach to enable downloading directly from PD), the handling of all that stuff appears to be too much for PD.
I hope that Cyberlink is correcting this as soon as possible. Otherwise we have to look for other Video Editing Software... Alas

Please anyone, let me know whether there are options to improve this situation!

(I have summited a request: CS002504680)

Your contacting the Cyberlink support is probably the best thing going. You need to do a search on the internet for other user group help that may help. One user had stated that he downloads and installs every add-on pack available and never sees any slowdown in accessing them in PD365 in his system. He writes the PD tutorials every week.

If the slow title problem started with the 2829 release then why not go back to the previous version that I am using. Here is a link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96950. Like you I find that my previous reported problems to Support took almost a year to fix.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the tips, Tomasc!
I am aware of this user you mention. Perhaps he can enlighten us.
Going back to a previous version, is what I have considered doing. It blurs the situation and my system probably even more.
For the really critical projects I am now using another video editor which is more stable.

We repeat writing: PowerDirector is a good and very worthy Video Editor. It would be good that the sales team and the development team concentrate on stability, reliability (got two crashes while editing a title today) and swiftness for a while, after having had a close look at what has been reported in this forum. I would also recommend a good team of testers, who use a variation of hardware setups, to ensure that new versions are still stable and workable. Recognizing that many customers not only use their software for fun....
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
I share the response from CL Product Support here below, so that more can learn.
I appreciate it very much that the reaction comes within 24 hours of the submission of the request. Good show!
It so happens that I have the most recent versions of all software mentioned.
The reaction below is a standard support reaction that does not tell us much, although perhaps the remark on the large amount memory space that is required (they refer to the drive in terms of memory space, I guess that does not say anything about the RAM-memory. (Nor the speed of the disks applied. I have fast ssd disks).

I would argue that
- previous versions of PD showed more responsiveness than I noticed and reported
- I am not the only user seeing this problem in this recent version
- any other software runs well on my system, including other Video Editors
- I DID try to close down and strip my computer of all parallel running software and the problem persists. Although....
- my system lives well within the specification and minimum requirements for PD365/20
So I hope and trust that will really look at and improve PD software soon.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you have concern with your PowerDirector 365 about the program being slow when loading Title effects. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, please try the following steps then check the condition.
1. Update your PowerDirector 365 through the CyberLink Application Manager.
2. Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the AMD or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any problem installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
3. Restart the computer after installing the GPU update.
4. Check whether the installed drive has enough space on it. This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering. Close other applications while PowerDirector 365 is running.
5. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator. If you lack administrator access privileges, the CyberLink application might be unable to access the necessary files it needs.
If the concern persists, kindly provide us the following information in order to further check on this:
1. DxDiag
etc. etc.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
With the release of 20.6.3001.0 I see some improvements, as in PD is faster in collecting the inventory of the various rooms.
It is good to see that CL is making efforts to improve. It still takes considerable time though and seems best to after the start leave PD for a minute or so, to let it do its thing. Moving from one room to the other is also not seemless. That CL is adding more items to the rooms, including the items that can be downloaded, does not help of course.

I wonder what the experiences are of fellow members.