Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue when I go to Produce - blank image sections in video
ROC1929 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2020 08:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings!

I hope those more knowledgable than I may help me solve this problem I am having and appreciate any help greatly.

I have a video project I have been working on for several weeks, I have it all put together, with components consisting of video clips (.mp4), audio (.wav), and still iamges (.jpg) It is a music video, so there is only 1 audio track.

It is all put together and previews correctly.

The problem arises when I go to "produce" it. The resulting file plays fine for a minute or two, then the video dissappears and only a blank, black screen shows. The audio keeps going fine for the whole 4+ minute length. Sections of the video do play later, then other sections dissappear with only the black screen showing again.

I am using Power Director 365 and have made various other videos without this problem happening before. I am not doing anything different with the way I assembly the video, but it is as if certain clips and images are just refused when I go to produce it.

Reading similar posts I found here, I have turned off the hardware accelaration and fast video rendering. I also "optimized" system which I found in the settings too.

Also I have tried outputting it to a many of the formats available as I can, H.264, H.265, .avi, .wmv, .mpg etc, the blank screen shows in all of them.

So if anyone can offer a suggestion I will be indebted and very very appreciative if it can be solved. I am flustered, frustrated and pulling more hair out than I can afford to lose- Thanks!

PS- I am not on the computer I am using to make the video and would share screen caps if I could, but may be able to later if needed, thanks again very much

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2022 10:04

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I imagine the blank sections correspond with specific clips on your timeline. If that's the case, you may need to convert those clips to another format using a free app like Handbrake, FFMPEG or VirtualDub2. Try doing that it with one clip with PD closed, then rename the original clip and place the converted copy in the same folder as the original and change its name to match the original name (including the extension, like MP4).

When you launch PD, it will now use the new clip with all your timeline edits intact, and with any luck it will now make it through to the produced clip.

You should also submit a support ticket directly to CL from this page. You should also attach or share a link to at least one of the original clips that was giving you trouble.
ROC1929 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2020 08:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much. The issue does seem to correspond to specifi clips and images. I will try your suggestion and hope it works. thanks very much.

I forsee what may hamper it, the clips in the time line are trimmed verisions of the originals full length clips. I guess if I convert them as you suggest, and rename and store as suggested, the timeline will still pick up the sections of the clips at their variuos places in time through the product .

I will try it and do appreciate the suggestion very much - thank you!