Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ghost clip
Ricky Bobby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 16:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Soooooo, making a little movie and this ghost clip keeps re-appearing.

As you can see there is no content below the timeline marker.

It is a scene in another clip, but that clip is not supposed to be shown at this point in the production.

I've closed/opened PD a couple of times and it won't go away.

(I made the gap trying to find which clip this piece was in.)
[Thumb - Ghost.jpg]
 Filename
Ghost.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Soooooo, making a little movie and this ghost clip keeps re-appearing.

As you can see there is no content below the timeline marker.

It is a scene in another clip, but that clip is not supposed to be shown at this point in the production.

I've closed/opened PD a couple of times and it won't go away.

(I made the gap trying to find which clip this piece was in.)

Turn off shadow files if you have them on, and manually delete the files in pref > General. Reopen project and see if issue still occurs. If it does, copy entire timeline contents and paste into a new project and see if issue still occurs.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The clips is clearly present but it's simply on a lower track. See this post for more info.
Ricky Bobby [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The clips is clearly present but it's simply on a lower track. See this post for more info.

All the tracks are visible.
Ricky Bobby [Avatar]
[Post New]

Turn off shadow files if you have them on, and manually delete the files in pref > General. Reopen project and see if issue still occurs. If it does, copy entire timeline contents and paste into a new project and see if issue still occurs.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, Gonna go try that.

Really just kinda frustrating to have a bug.

'Gotta jiggle the handle.' LOL