Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Un-installed Downloaded Templates
Baldy95307 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Joined: Aug 15, 2013 00:57 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I believe any of the downloaded PIP, Particle, Transistion, and Title templates as well as the Magic Movie/Style templates are easily un-installed from the program if the user just doesn't like them for any reason. This is normally done by right clicking on the downloaded template icon in the Library window and selecting "Delete from Disk" (wish Cyberlink would change that wording because it does not actually delete the downloaded file from the disk but just the unpacked files that were made available to the program in the proper folder location).

However, I've noticed that any downloaded Express Project templates that were installed cannot be "deleted from the disk" because, well...., that option just does not appear. The only thing visible when right clicking on these templates is "Open File Location" which takes you to the "C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded EP\ExpressProjectNNN" folder.

I assume therefore that the only way to remove an installed Express Project template is by navigating to its installed folder and deleting that folder in its entirety. Unless I'm missing a more obvious method. Can anybody confirm that is the one and only method of removal?

Which also brings up another related question. Assume for example that one were to delete the folder named "EpressProject010". Does the program function well with a missing sequential folder (the numbering sequence in my example would then jump from 009 to 011). Just wondering if that would cause any confusion to the electrons inside my CPU.

PDR v20.0.2607.0 Ultimate
Win 11
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote II assume therefore that the only way to remove an installed Express Project template is by navigating to its installed folder and deleting that folder in its entirety. Unless I'm missing a more obvious method. Can anybody confirm that is the one and only method of removal?

Which also brings up another related question. Assume for example that one were to delete the folder named "EpressProject010". Does the program function well with a missing sequential folder (the numbering sequence in my example would then jump from 009 to 011). Just wondering if that would cause any confusion to the electrons inside my CPU.

PDR v20.0.2607.0 Ultimate
Win 11

It is one way of doing it. The sequential number missing should cause no problem. It will be filled in as the next express project you download and install. Your other express projects are in the *content pack premium?