Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Supporting RTL launguages
Hallel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2019 05:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there,
I'm a Hebrew speaker, and I've sometimes found it very frustrating to use Powerdirector because it doesn't support RTL languages. It means that whenever I want to write text in my own language - whether it's subtitles, titles, or any other text - I have to write it backward, line after line, which is really difficult when it comes to long paragraphs. Furthermore - there are many features who doesn't support my language at all - so, for example, I can't use the Comix titles pack at all.
Can Powerdirector developers please consider supporting RTL languages like Hebrew, Arabic, Persian, etc in a future update, so that all those languages speakers can use it without problems?
Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you search the forum for RTL you'll see that this is a longstanding issue and a few users have offered suggestions to work around this limitation.

Also, since this is a user to user forum, the people you're looking to reach at Cyberlink are unlikely to see your post here. Your best bet is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from PD's File menu and hope that eventually the developers will make the necessary changes.