Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help from experts!! Unable to play the recorded video although the process was done as usual
Lin11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2022 09:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dear experts and friends,

Could somebody please assit with this error if you had encountered before?

I have screen-recorded for about One and Half Hours today by using Cyberlink Screen Recorder and the file was automatically saved after stopping the recording. The file size is about 8.08GB.

I have tried to play the video with some well-known players, but it can't be played. Then, I have tried to import into the Cyberlink PowerDirector and the attached error message was prompted.

Even if the file is being corrupted, I would like to fix it back. Sincerely seeking for the suggestion or solution.

Thank you so much in advane. Cheers!!

Regards,
Lin
[Thumb - error message.JPG]
 Filename
error message.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Error Message
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - file format & size.JPG]
 Filename
file format & size.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
File Size & Format
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
VLC can usually play mp4 video files that it claims are corrupted and builds on it before playing the file. Have you tried the normal default Movies and TV app. You may be able to fix it with a freeware file converter like Handbrake or others.
Lin11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2022 09:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried in every single way, you have suggested above. But it was in vain. Thank for your suggestion anyway.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You should contact Cyberlink Support here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html . It is possible that someone in support may have have seen this problem before from other users and can supply a quick answer to solve the issue.