Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Board Transitions?
wmike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2019 09:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Hopefully a simple question - I have the latest version of PowerDirector for Mac.

Reading through the manual it suggests that it should be possible to, on a single timeline, overlap two colour boards and apply a crossfade. I don't get this option, it just overwrites the existing colour board.

Any suggestions, please?

Cheers,

Mike
 Filename
Produce.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2450 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
107 time(s)
[Thumb - overwrite.png]
 Filename
overwrite.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2022 11:20

wmike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

Hopefully a simple question - I have the latest version of PowerDirector for Mac.

Reading through the manual it suggests that it should be possible to, on a single timeline, overlap two colour boards and apply a crossfade. I don't get this option, it just overwrites the existing colour board.

Any suggestions, please?

Cheers,

Mike

I can achieve the effect by placing different images (coloured boxes.png) onto the timeline then a crossfade is offered. This seems a little clunky. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Mike
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

Any suggestions, please?

Cheers,

Mike

Normally overlay the image over the other and you are offered options including Crossfade.
You can also add a "Fade" transition at the junction of the 2 images, being able to choose between; Cross or Overlap
It's always been that way on Windows.
wmike [Avatar]
[Post New]

Normally overlay the image over the other and you are offered options including Crossfade.
You can also add a "Fade" transition at the junction of the 2 images, being able to choose between; Cross or Overlap
It's always been that way on Windows.

It would appear the the Mac version is different.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It would appear the the Mac version is different.

It's probably just not a MAC feature yet. It's really hard to know on fine details, this FAQ https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26040 provides some high level features missing.

PD has not always been that way on windows, overlay feature and crossfade didn't appear until PD12, PD11 missing feature as shown in pic so my guess current MAC feature just lacking too.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD11_Overlap_CB.png]
 Filename
PD11_Overlap_CB.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)