Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 365/21 PlayBack Stutter
LLOYD1985 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2011 21:32 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having this annoying issue where DVD, Blu Ray and Video File playback is stuttering or like a jult sort of effect. Does anyone know how to fix this.

I have a 144Hz monitor and for some reason PowerDVD 21 doesn't tell me I need to change the refresh rate to match the video content like it used to with PowerDVD 18 and before.

My Monitor is Dell 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440x144Hz
CPU AMD Ryzen i5 3600
16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Running Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2022 07:05

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
As what I've known, the screen rate alignment feature is not for video file playback in powerdvd at all no matter in previous versions or now, it is just for video discs.
And, it is normal that the video will have micro jitter if you played it using 144 Hz refresh rate as it does not mathematically match any common frame rate that most of video files use. 144 Hz only benefits gaming.

If you manually changed the screen refresh rate in Windows to match your video frame rate, does the jitter still occur in powerdvd?
Do you enable any truetheater video enhancement when playing the videos? How about disable them?