Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TITLES: A pre-sales question
Stephen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2009 07:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have established through the forum that PD8 has a serious short coming in only having one title track. However, my main concern is title styles. The tutorials, demos and screenshots I have seen of the Title Room, show that you can have Italic Helvetica Black, with graduated color fill. I would want to use much more simple styling. ie. simple plain colored text (white)

What are the limitations on title styling?
Thanks in anticipation.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Stephen -

The Titles module in PD, in my view, is rather basic in the formatting that can be applied. There's an excellent range of transitions.

That said - if you want your titles to look spartan and clean, PD will do that as well as any comparable software.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You stated:
PD8 has a serious short coming in only having one title track.
Rubbish, it is not a serious shortcoming.

I disagree with your assessment. You just need to know how to use the title capability.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Stephen wrote:
PD8 has a serious short coming in only having one title track. I would want to use much more simple styling. ie. simple plain colored text (white)
Hi Stephen,
I don't think you have fully explored the Title Room. There are many options beyond what you state. See this thread as just one example, of just part of the Text capabilities in PD.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9432.page

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Stephen,

Since you indicate that you want simple text style and maybe even just white text, a good trick in PD8 is to put a thin black border around the white text. This defines the edges of the text much better, especially when producing DVD quality output. PD8 does this very easily in the Title Room.

Jeff