Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video not showing on one clip; and Precut clips don't have folder icon anymore
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I just moved my projects (via pack project materials) to a new computer. I don't know if it has anything to do with the issue, but throwing it out there just in case.

I have 2 issues on one project:

1. Clip that was playing fine after move, is now showing a black screen. Audio works, title on lower track works. All other clips are fine.

2. This, and other clips, were precut before the move. However, the clips in the Media Room do not have the little folder icon in the bottom right corner. Why would that be?

Screenshots:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7aCmwojENJmUm22Cnrjk-Jl4JA?e=SdUtYV

Thanks so much in advance!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
138 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2022 15:40

DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just moved my projects (via pack project materials) to a new computer. I don't know if it has anything to do with the issue, but throwing it out there just in case.

I have 2 issues on one project:

1. Clip that was playing fine after move, is now showing a black screen. Audio works, title on lower track works. All other clips are fine.

2. This, and other clips, were precut before the move. However, the clips in the Media Room do not have the little folder icon in the bottom right corner. Why would that be?

Screenshots:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7aCmwojENJmUm22Cnrjk-Jl4JA?e=SdUtYV

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this problem? Be interesting to know if it was an isolated case or something that can be replicated?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Ricky Bobby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 16:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this problem? Be interesting to know if it was an isolated case or something that can be replicated?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I just encountered something somewhat similar...

Moved a small protion of a medium-sized project from the end to the bginning. PD crashed, closed and sent an error report. (Hopefully this will provide all the necessary particulars.)

Anyway, when I restarted, reloaded, re-editted and moved it again, (I know,,, repeating an action, with a binary machine, expecting different results... but, I digress,,, there are humans involved...) the last piece of video went blank.

I'm getting used to having to overlay corrections for hiccups like this all too frequently.
Ricky Bobby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 16:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]

I just encountered something somewhat similar...

Moved a small protion of a medium-sized project from the end to the bginning. PD crashed, closed and sent an error report. (Hopefully this will provide all the necessary particulars.)

Anyway, when I restarted, reloaded, re-editted and moved it again, (I know,,, repeating an action, with a binary machine, expecting different results... but, I digress,,, there are humans involved...) the last piece of video went blank.

I'm getting used to having to overlay corrections for hiccups like this all too frequently.

And now PD has created a dead zone.

When I tried to restart, reload, re-edit and move it in pieces, the place with the previous black spot is a dead (kill?!?) zone.

Moving that last piece crashed the program. (No error report, guess CL took the phone off the hook...)

I guess I'll go back, restart, reload, re-edit and when I go to move the last piece, save a copy and if it crashes again start a new project, completely reload, try and copy and paste most edits, re-edit the rest and if that crashes, I'll start another new project, completely reload, completely re-edit and add that time to my beta-testing time sheet too.
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi Moderator. I still don't know what caused the problem, and I honestly don't remember how I worked around it! LOL. I think I may have gone back to the old laptop to repack the project materials. DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD