Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Delete a Mask?
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Ive inserted a mask using Mask Designer (non motion).
How do I delete the Mask? Seems like it should be simple but I cannot find a way.

How do I pixelate or choose some other fill then just black?

thank you!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In the mask designer: select all masks (left top of the screen), and scroll to the top of the masks available. At the top left you will see a blue cross, which deletes the mask the has been selected in the screen right.
As you said it is simple, but whether it is intuitive?

Dont understand your second remark.
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In the mask designer: select all masks (left top of the screen), and scroll to the top of the masks available. At the top left you will see a blue cross, which deletes the mask the has been selected in the screen right.
As you said it is simple, but whether it is intuitive?

Dont understand your second remark.

HAHA. Got it. So simple but I struggled and failed to figure it out. Thank you!

The second question: I have placed a mask (inverted) to hide a license plate. The fill is 100% opacity and black. How can I change the fill? Say to another color or even pixelated?

Thanks again!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The second question: I have placed a mask (inverted) to hide a license plate. The fill is 100% opacity and black. How can I change the fill? Say to another color or even pixelated?

A mask exists only to mark the area that is blocked or allowed to show through. It has no other properties.

In your case, you'd want to use an FX like Blur or one of the NewBlue Pixelators (if present) to place over the license plate. Each can be sized, placed and the strength of the effect tweaked as desired.
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]

A mask exists only to mark the area that is blocked or allowed to show through. It has no other properties.

In your case, you'd want to use an FX like Blur or one of the NewBlue Pixelators (if present) to place over the license plate. Each can be sized, placed and the strength of the effect tweaked as desired.

I tried it and it will work fine. The Blue Pixel apparently was a trial and expired but the blur works good. Thank you