Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using two separate audio recorders. would like to combine into single stereo track for a video.
EddieDijon123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2021 11:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am about to experiment with recording small waves and I have two Zoom H1N recorders. I don't have external mics as I am just starting out with this nature recording project. I am planning to separate each recorder and not have them side by side. Aside from that...

It would be easier If I have two microphones going into the same recording device, I know. But funds are limited and I'm just trying to see if I can use what I have.

When I put the two audio tracks, one from each device, into Audio Director, would you recommend that I make each one into mono tracks first? or can I make each one its on track and have one lean to the right with the balance and the other to the left on the mixing board? Could having two separate recordings, each with a left and right channel help me to produce a 5.1 track?

Thanks for your help,
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The Zoom H1N recorder can't record mono. What I would probably try is to use just the left channel of the stereo recording of the Zoom H1N recorder located to the left of your video object and the other Zoom H1N recorder I'd use the right channel. So out of the two stereo recordings, 4 channels, I've only kept the left channel from one and the right channel from the other, produce as stereo.

Do you expect your recoding to have significant stereo effects? My guess, your two Zoom H1N recorders will have very similar audio signatures.

Jeff
EddieDijon123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2021 11:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you. The simplest answer and probably the best approach. I'm going to try to separate the microphones,a bit of a distance,, but they will be ose enough. I'm nust playing with a theory. And I appreciate your time. Now, time to go out and fail, learn, fail, learn. But this is a good start. Have a great day.
This text is so small I cannot read this on my phone. Sorry about grammar.