Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source Error, cannot preview or produce anymore
Connor999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2022 07:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I was using this application for a work project that has a deadline coming up very soon. I was getting on great until I was about 95% of the way finished. I had tried producing before and it worked but after some tweaks, it suddenly does not. I cannot understand why and I have tried to follow fixes I saw best I could.
Here is the detailed report
Media Source Error Report :
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Template
Error information : Unknown
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaSlot_Template.CPP:694

Can someone please help me fix this? I put hours into this video.

Extra info: It worked fine until it suddenly did not. I have since updated everything from windows, drivers, etc.
Connor999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2022 07:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I can preview the timeline SOMETIMES, then it will give me the error. I wish a time code was attached so I knew the culprit. Right now I am going to make sure every single video source is an mp4 even though having multiple before didn't affect the produce or preview
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Chances are there's an issue with one of the edits you recently made. Try purging all the temp files from the Preferences | General | Manually Delete button. You may need to close PD then reopen it to verify that all selected files have been removed.

The error can also appear if you have a source clip that's less than 2 seconds long. PD doesn't always seem to flag errors like that so everything may sometimes work normally.

If that's the case and you need that short clip in your project, you may need to use a free 3rd party app to increase the clip's duration. You can do that by adding a second copy of the same clip and producing it as a single clip (aka concatenation).