Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install PowerDirector and PhotoDirector on different Windows PCs
JonT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 03:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tend to use a desktop for video and laptop for photo editing. Does anyone know if it is possible to subscribe through Director Suite and install PowerDirector on once machine with Photo Director on another one?

Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
With a DirectorSuite subscription, you can install all the apps on two separate computers - however you're only allowed to use any app on one machine at a time.

You can have PD and PhD open on the same machine at the same time, but you can't use either of the apps on your other machine until you close it on the first system.
JonT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 03:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your help. Given I will only have one ap on each machine, I should always be ok then.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Right. FYI You would simply be prompted to click on the "Activate this computer" pop-up message if you tried to open the same app on your other computer. Doing so would deactivate the app on any other computers, but there isn't any limit on how many times you can switch which machine is active with any of the DirectorSuite apps.