Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube Pinning not working on some vids.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hey gang,

How's it going? I have a problem that I need some clarification on and if anyone can help me on it, it'd be much obliged.

So, I just upgraded to PowerDVD 21 Ultra today (after 20 started freezing up and having problems with it). So, I tried the pin function and I was able to pin one vid.

But when I try to pin anything else, it'll either say 'Unable to Pin' or the box that is supposed to show the formats (360p, 720p, 1080p and so forth) just gets really slim and you can't even see the formats at all. The Pin icon is clickable but no formats.

Does anybody know what the deal is with the youtube pinning format? Is that format no longer functioning for any youtube videos?

Like, are youtube's moderators trying to block any kind of outside function or connection that makes pinning an unavailable option?

If you guy want some examples, I'll show you.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Is the video you searched age-stricted?
I think maybe for those member only, region or age restricted, or private videos, they cannot be pinned nor viewed in powerdvd even though you signed-in your YouTube account in powerdvd.

The YouTube signed-in feature of powerdvd only brings you the subscription or favorite list within the software for browsing convenience. It doesn't grant you the access to those sign-in required videos actually.

You can sign out YouTube/Google in your web browser first and then watch the video that failed to pin in powerdvd to check if the video has any additional restriction.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2022 01:14

Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is the video you searched age-stricted?
I think maybe for those member only, region or age restricted, or private videos, they cannot be pinned nor viewed in powerdvd even though you signed-in your YouTube account in powerdvd.

The YouTube signed-in feature of powerdvd only brings you the subscription or favorite list within the software for browsing convenience. It doesn't grant you the access to those sign-in required videos actually.

You can sign out YouTube/Google in your web browser first and then watch the video that failed to pin in powerdvd to check if the video has any additional restriction.

Drat!yell

Thank you Q, I had the hardest time trying to figure out what the deal was with that. Yes, I think some of the vids might be region blocked or possibly age restricted and that's why it's not pinning because when I go to the link, it's asking for a youtube sign-in from me.

sigh Normally, PowerDVD was always able to circumvent or go around that feature. Guess not anymore.

Ah well, either way, I still like utilizing it and I was able to retrieve my other vids that I already have pinned from my previous version of PowerDVD.

Thanks again, Q.smile