Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 7 script - importing to PD 8 problem
Slandscree [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2009 14:52 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
I have problem. Few days ago I bought Power Director 8 Ultra (upgrade version). When I loaded my Power Director scirpt (.pds) created in PD 7 Ultra, the project was loaded, on timeline appear clips, photos and transition effects, but... when I try to play clip from timeline in clip or movie mode, there is no sound! The movie and sounds clips from media library are palyed with sound. When I start new project in PD8 and use the same clips which are used in old PD 7 Ultra project, the sound goes fine, when I use "movie or clip" prewiev. What can I do, to hear sound from my old project used in PD 8?

I use video in m2ts format, recorded by Sony HDR-SR11E
I run PD8 on Asus G60J notebook, and use newest possible audio (Realtek High Def Audio) and graphic drivers

Regards!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's odd -

Audio in media library, audio in original files... but not in PD's timeline. Are you sure the clips/track aren't muted? Right click to check.

Sorry - pretty silly question, but it's all I could think of.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Slandscree [Avatar]
[Post New]
First I spent few hours trying to solve my problem. Checked twice - the track is not muted. I write to Cyberlink support team and waiting for response.
Maybe somebody of you have similiar problem when upgrading from PD7 to 8?
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Witold

Silly question.

But have you turned the volume up on PD8?

It's the speaker symbol button under the preview window.

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Slandscree [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello again!
Thank you for help, but I checked this button (with speaker icon) under preview window too. The volume level is set to maximum, and the mute is not checked.
Strange situation. I think the only solution will be to render the whole project into m2ts file using PD7 and than make new project in PD8 using this file.
I don't have many projects, so there is no big problem for me, but someone who has big library of projects made in PD7 may have problems using them in PD8

Regards!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Let's have some more information please. I'd like to have the following:
1. Screenshots of the PD7 projects and PD8 projects - when placed into PD8, show the edit userinterface with these projects in the timeline. I want to see what you have in the Media Library.
2. I'd like a Diagnostic file please.
3. I'd like to have a version build number of PD8.
4. I want to know if you have uninstalled re-installed
5. I want you to send me a PM with your OrderNumber, full name and email address.

Below is a guide - info on how to do some of the above things. YOU can attached 3 images to your next post, they must each be less than 100kbs.

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART C - uninstall
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Slandscree [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Dafydd for your response.
Tomorrow I will try to prepare what you mark in your post.

Below, I pasted response from Cyberlink support team:

"Dear Witold,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with burning of your old projects, using PowerDirector 8. I would suggest you to re-create your project as old project may not work correctly with PowerDirector 8 due to change in templates, library, styles, etc. Please create a new project file and check if the issue still persist.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products."

So the conclusion is quite clear - projects created in PD7 are not fully compatible with PD8
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
but... but...

The only problem you had was no sound! I don't see how templates or other bits would have any impact on that!

I have opened numerous projects made with PD7 with PD8, without a hitch... so long as the source files were still available.

Why not simply open the project, remove the soundless clips, reimport them, re-insert them...? I guess it depends how much editing you did on them.

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony, I was thinking the clips might have got muted in the Video Track (VT). I wanted to see the images of the track to check that. I was also wondering if the audio file wasn't being read - a wave form hadn't been produced and that might have caused an issue (a long shot). Overwriting the clip would solve the issue however it might just as easily be solved by dropping the same clip in somewhere else in the VT or PiP and thus trigger the PC/program to pick it up correctly.

Witold: PART A - what build version do you have - please state it?

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Slandscree [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again!
I use Power Director 8 Ultra 8.00.2220c

In the attachment screen from my PD8 with project loaded.

I reinstalled PD8 once when problem with sound appears - no results.

I will send DxDIagnostic file soon, via PM with info which you request.

Regards!
[Thumb - PD8-1s.jpg]
 Filename
PD8-1s.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen from my PD8
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
277 time(s)
Slandscree [Avatar]
[Post New]
And DxDiag file.

And few words about your sugestions, how to...

When I insert new clip in old PD7 project opened in PD8 it is "silent" too.

When I reinsert/replace same clip in old PD7 project opened in PD8 it is "silent" too.

I spent many hours editing this project. Most of the clips were trimmed and multitrimmed, so reediting is very time taking.

When I open new project in PD8 the same clip is played fine
 Filename
Witold DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
432 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2010 11:47

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Witold,
Thank you for the PM with your email address. Thank you for the attachments, the image reveals quite a lot but not all of what I need to know.

OK, I have some requests for you to do please.
1. Please point out which of the clicps in the time-line do not have audio - I can see some without a wave form but I would just be assuming which they are.
2. Please stretch out the timeline so I can identify the used files in the Video Track and those in the Media Library.

Observations so far.
1. You don't need to use Shadow Files see: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#41702
2. The shadow files in your project have NOT been created fully and you have placed these incomplete files into your project - which might be the cause.
3. Your system is powerful enough to function without Shadow edit files.
Actions for you to do AFTER you have SAVED your project and closed down PD8. Now re-open PD8 and let's start making some changes.
1. Carry out: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#41702
2. Locate the shadow edit files and delete all of them - look guide here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#41704
3. Go find and double click on your project - pds file.
4. When you reopen your project and you are asked to find any file - make sure you browse and locate it - do this carefully and sensibly as this is important or you'll muck up your project.
5. When ready use the keyboard short cut Ctrl+Tab+S and save the project to your Export location.

What happens now........ it might have solved the problem.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Please add your PC and camera spec here:
Have you seen this, please add your spec?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page
Please add your camera spec here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8727.page
Thanks

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2010 14:42

Slandscree [Avatar]
[Post New]
All the clips on the timeline have waveform - but some of them have very, very quiet sound so the waves are one or two pixels above sound level line.

I unchecked "Enable file processing..." and restarted PD8.

After loading of my project the sound is back!

All clips in project run audio as they should.

Thank you for great help!

ynotfish
[Post New]
Well done Dafydd!!!
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2010 21:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Does any body know if it is posibel to import DV files into PD8 ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Martin,
If you have a question please start a new topic. The heading for this thread may appear to apply but the general content and answers given by members show your question should not have been posted here.

Please start a new topic.

Dafydd
[Moderator]