Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tablet video camera does not insert.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
To be clearer, my tablet photo camera will take a photo in the PD interface and that photo will go to the PD capture folder and immediately is available for the timeline.
The same does not happen for the tablet videocam.
Is anyone aware of a method to direct my Video caps to a different folder or somehow be readily available in the UI?
I have to go looking for them and transfer them to the PD capture folder.
Actually, how do add ANY folder to Mobile PD?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2022 19:40

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote To be clearer, my tablet photo camera will take a photo in the PD interface and that photo will go to the PD capture folder and immediately is available for the timeline.
The same does not happen for the tablet videocam.
Is anyone aware of a method to direct my Video caps to a different folder or somehow be readily available in the UI?
I have to go looking for them and transfer them to the PD capture folder.
Actually, how do add ANY folder to Mobile PD?

What tablet and OS version do you use?
I tried my iPad with the latest iOS 15, I can find the photo I took in Recents and PowerDirector Capture folders. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What tablet and OS version do you use?
I tried my iPad with the latest iOS 15, I can find the photo I took in Recents and PowerDirector Capture folders.
My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019, it runs Android 11. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019, it runs Android 11.

Just tried my Google Pixel 5, you should be able to find a folder called "100PDR_Capture" with the photos took by PowerDirector app.

BTW, all the available folders should be imported to the media library automatically. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Quote Just tried my Google Pixel 5, you should be able to find a folder called "100PDR_Capture" with the photos took by PowerDirector app.
BTW, all the available folders should be imported to the media library automatically.
Yes, the photos are there, but the same camera that places the photos in the 100PDR_Capture folder instead places the videos into the dcim Camera folder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2022 06:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the photos are there, but the same camera that places the photos in the 100PDR_Capture folder instead places the videos into the dcim Camera folder.

Hi,

Using my Note 10 Pro phone running Android 11, I get the same - images are captured to 100PDR-Capture and video to the default camera folder, something like DCIM/Camera/ filename.

My PDR UI seems to auto display all available folders for either video or images (depending on whether the images or video library is selected).

In the screencap, you will see several copies of Camera, DCIM, Whatsapp etc. This is because I have an expansion card fitted with previous phone contents which PDR has picked up and displayed, giving the impression of duplicates, which they aren't!

I don't think there is an easy way to have the video capture go to a specific user defined directory but you can change the default to an SD card if you have one fitted.

All the above applies to Android devices, I dont have an i-device to play with.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - PDRMobile screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
PDRMobile screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
817 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2022 08:08

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do