Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ADR equalizer preset doesn't show existing settings
JimAngelDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2017 18:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

So, I created a new equalizer preset for my voice for use in voice overs. I got it set the way I wanted and applied it. When I went back to the equalizer, all the settings were set back to zero. So, how do I know what the existing settings are? Are the settings actually there and when you modify them, as you setting them from the same point. I am a bit confused, as I would expect to see my existing settings. Any help / ideas would be greatly appreciated!
[Post New]
Hello JimAngelDog,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

Once you make your settings then save them as a preset (i.e. give your settings a name), the preset should be saved in the module you made it.

In your case, go to Equaliser & click on the Preset dropdown menu. Your saved setting should appear below the default presets.

Please get back to us if your saved preset doesn't show up as expected.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
embarassed Ooops! Perhaps I misunderstood.

If your saved preset is available, select it then press the Settings button to view the adjustments you made previously.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JimAngelDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2017 18:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

I wish I could give you a screenshot without having to link to a url. Regardless, when I go back to the preset and click on settings, all the equalizer settings are back to zero. In fact, after opening the settings, if I make any adjustment, the preset dropdown changes to custom. In essence, I have no idea what my previous settings were.
I am hoping I am just doing something wrong, because as it is now, it's just a big time waster.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wish I could give you a screenshot without having to link to a url.

Use Alt+PrintScreen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) if you have Win10/11, then paste it into Paint or any image editing app then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

So, I created a new equalizer preset for my voice for use in voice overs. I got it set the way I wanted and applied it. When I went back to the equalizer, all the settings were set back to zero. So, how do I know what the existing settings are? Are the settings actually there and when you modify them, as you setting them from the same point. I am a bit confused, as I would expect to see my existing settings. Any help / ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Your description sounds like you might be using the Audio Editor equalizer, it will behave that way. Audio Director, different product, will allow you to see your defined equalizer settings for your custom saved preset.

Another alternative for screen capture that avoids all the paint stuff, Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, this screenshot will be automatically saved to your Pictures > Screenshots folder which you can then attach.

Jeff
[Post New]
Hello Jeff,

I've used Windows for many years & have remained blissfully unaware of that Windows key + Print Screen shortcut embarassed

Your observation about Audio Editor, as opposed to AudioDirector, might well be the issue in this case... so I'll hold of posting the screen capture I just made for ADR until Jim responds.

JimAngelDog,

AudioDirector allows you to save presets (assign a name to your settings for future use). Audio Editor does not.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2022 16:15

PIX YouTube channel