Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I remove audio effects once applied
JimAngelDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2017 18:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I am sure I have seen how to do this and read the previous forum posts, but I am stumped. I can see the effects added to my audio clip on the timeline, but see know way to remvove them. Right clicking doesn't give an option, nor does an "effects" button appear above left of the timeline (as suggested in past forum posts). I am using latest version of Powerdirector 365. Getting pretty desperate, any ideas?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Many of the tools retain the settings so you can go back and change or even undo them. Unfortunately that's not the case with PD's built-in AudioEditor (or with CLUTS/Color Presets), so the easiest thing to do is use Undo until the changes are gone.

If you've already closed PD or you've made a whole bunch of other changes that you don't want to have to redo, the next best option would be to save the project then open up one of the auto saved versions from before you made the audio changes, then copy the affected clip from the timeline, reopen the original project then paste the older clip onto the current version.

If you haven't trimmed or cut the clip at all, you can also simply drag it from the Media Room and replace the current version.
JimAngelDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2017 18:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi and thanks for the answer!
This was not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but it does tell me exactly what I need to do! In this specific case, I can replace the clip with the original, trim it (very easy) and essentially start over. I will remember the undo. I know you can do that some crazy number of times and if you haven't gone too far, it's easy to reverse things.

The ability to remove settings and create audio presets for all the settings (without having to go to Audio Director) would really enhance the usefulness of PD. Without presets you have to start over each time, a huge time waster.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, and it's worth using Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from PD's File menu to let the devs at CL know you'd like to see that be improved.