Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'Blocky Video Artifacts' Issues! Could really use some help!
Stephan Udell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2021 01:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So, I'm a content creator on Youtube, and I switched to PowerDirector a year ago. In some of my more recent videos, I've noticed there have been 'blocky artifacts'. Is there a way to prevent them? I record at 1080p 60fps through OBS, if that helps. Also, I turned on the 'Reduce video blocky artifacts' option in the PowerDirector settings, but it doesn't help. Again, it's only been some of my videos lately, which is weird, because I record and edit the same way for all of my videos.

I posted on the Reddit forum for PowerDirector, and someone responded and said, "this suggests the bitrates are different, i.e. constant vs. variable bitrate", though I'm not sure what that means. I usually have 'Fast video rendering' turned on by default, but I'm not sure if that would be causing the 'artifacts', seeing as not all of my videos have them. I posted some images as well, one of an example of the artifacts, and some of my settings for producing.

If anymore information is needed, please let me know.

pic1

pic2

pic3

PC Specs:

GPU - 5700 XT
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
32GB Ram

PowerDirector Ver. 19.0.3226.2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2022 21:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Why did you create a custom profile? 12500kbps is a low bitrate for HD 60p content - it should be more like 40000. Use the standard profile and see if your produced video's quality goes up: