Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing LUT (.Cube) files into Photo Director 13
[Post New]
I just purchased a 3rd party LUT pack, couple hundred .cube files. I'm wondering if there is any way to import multiple Lut files into Photo Director 13. Instructions (manual) pretty much tells you to install them one at a time in the CLUT Manager and not finding any more information on the subject.

There is a LUT directory in the c:/Programfiles/cyberlink...blah blah blah... but the only ones in there are the ones installed
from the initial install of Photo Director and after importing some of the new luts I am not seeing them in that particular directory.

Additionally, once the luts are installed you can only drag and drop one at a time to a new folder in the main lut directory. This is very daunting and time consuming. Not to mention adding them one at a time. Anyone have any insight on this at all?

Be nice to be able to drag and drop the .cube files into a directory and just have them show up in the LUT module.

Wonder if this is something Cyberlink can change on a future update. And add an option to select multiple files in the imported area to drag and drop into new folders.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2022 06:44

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can drag and drop all your new LUT files to the following folder:
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\LUT\Imported

Do that with PhD closed, and when you open it up you should see all the new LUTs under the Imported filter in the CLUT Manager
[Post New]
Hello TonyC,

Agreed the process of adding LUTs one by one is a bit tiresome & clunky, compared to importing a folder.

optodata's suggestion of adding the LUTs in the file directory quoted is a productive way around that.

Further to that, if you have large numbers of LUTs, organised for different purposes or sources, you can add folders withing the CLUT Manager.

These folders can also be created in the directory: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\LUT\UserCreated, where LUTs can be copied/pasted into the folders.

The result is a more organised/efficient CLUT Manager interface. laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote You can drag and drop all your new LUT files to the following folder:
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\LUT\Imported

Do that with PhD closed, and when you open it up you should see all the new LUTs under the Imported filter in the CLUT Manager

Awesome, that worked, I must of tried it with PhD open before and it was giving me all kinds of grief. It was a lot of
different .cube files in all kinds of different directories structure on the purchased download. Still took a good amount
of time making the directories to copy them over but not as much as doing them individually haha. Thanks again.
[Post New]
Quote Hello TonyC,

Agreed the process of adding LUTs one by one is a bit tiresome & clunky, compared to importing a folder.

optodata's suggestion of adding the LUTs in the file directory quoted is a productive way around that.

Further to that, if you have large numbers of LUTs, organised for different purposes or sources, you can add folders withing the CLUT Manager.

These folders can also be created in the directory: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\LUT\UserCreated, where LUTs can be copied/pasted into the folders.

The result is a more organised/efficient CLUT Manager interface. laughing

PIX

I did as you suggested and made Directores in the Lut folder. Lot easier organazation for sure. Be nice if PhD created the new subfolders in the program when a directory is made, but I at least got them all in there at this point, I will organize them in folders when I can get around to it. Thanks for the insight.

Tony