Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview Window Darkening
akaPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2022 23:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All. I'm new to PowerDirector, and I'm having the issue that was talked about before in the forum. I've looked at different mp4 videos from my phone, camera and internet downloads and they all show as substantially darker than the original in the Preview window. However, if I move through the timeline to any given frame it will change from dark to the expected level of brightness. I don't have this issue with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Rush or any player, including VLC.

Would anyone have learned of a solution for later versions please? Thanks very kindly............ Paul
akaPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2022 23:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All. I'm new to PowerDirector, and I'm having the issue that was talked about before in the forum. I've looked at different mp4 videos from my phone, camera and internet downloads and they all show as substantially darker than the original in the Preview window. However, if I move through the timeline to any given frame it will change from dark to the expected level of brightness. I don't have this issue with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Rush or any player, including VLC.

Would anyone have learned of a solution for later versions please? Thanks very kindly............ Paul

In case anyone else has had this issue. A look in my NVidia Control Panel showed that I had video colors set to be controlled by the card. When I changed it to let the video player control the settings it corrected the issue in PowerDirector immediately.