Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't get PD8 to uplgrade my PD7... get error code 403
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2009 18:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded to win7 from vista and had to reload PD7 along with everything else after I had a tech wipe my harddrive...PD7 seems to work but I can't get my PD8 upgrade disc to reload. I also tried to upload from the website again.
I get error 403 "Forbidden"
please help me.... thanks

Oh...I just love how you can' t enter a verification code on any of the cyberlink pages to get tech or customer support help..rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,
Are you operating PD as the administrator?

You can only install PD if you are the administrator.

403 forbidden? To which site? Have you allowed the cookie onto your PC so it can track who you are?

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2009 15:51

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I think Robert's orignial PD8 download link has expired as that would give him the 403 "Forbidden" error. Since his hard disk was wiped he apparently lost the install files too if he saved a local copy for latter use.

I'd Contact Tech support and ask for a new download link.

Jeff
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Robert,
Are you operating PD as the administrator?

YES

You can only install PD if you are the administrator.

403 forbidden? To which site? Have you allowed the cookie onto your PC so it can track who you are?

YES

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I think Robert's orignial PD8 download link has expired as that would give him the 403 "Forbidden" error. Since his hard disk was wiped he apparently lost the install files too if he saved a local copy for latter use.

I'd Contact Tech support and ask for a new download link.

Jeff

Tech support by phone costs $30.00 a pop and the tech support page won't accept a verification code. Yes...my upgrade is a few months old and after seeing the way cyberlink operates...it most likely expired.

Is there any other way to get a message to tech support?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The expiration of the download was my guess as well Jeff. However Robert has an upgrade disc.

What's the contents of the disc?

I suggest you transfer the contents onto your Hard Drive and attempt to a) unpack it or/and b) install it from there.

If you're after a re-download of the upgrade program then supply me with your details.

Full name
Order number
Email address.

I'll pass the data onto CyberLink.

For online support, you'll have to go this route:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2010 05:41

Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The expiration of the download was my guess as well Jeff. However Robert has an upgrade disc.

What's the contents of the disc?

I suggest you transfer the contents onto your Hard Drive and attempt to a) unpack it or/and b) install it from there.

If you're after a re-download of the upgrade program then supply me with your details.

Full name
Order number
Email address.

I'll pass the data onto CyberLink.

For online support, you'll have to go this route:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Thanks...you have a PM.
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wish to thank the Moderator "Dafydd" for all his help.
He was able to get me another downloadable PD8 file and went above and beyond to help me get PD8 back up and running.

Thanks Dude!
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Adelaide, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2010 04:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem/error message with me Robert, except I only ordered the download yesterday! It downloaded 66% this morning and then locked me out. I've emailed both CyberLink and DigitalRiver with a screen shot. Let's hope someone gets back to me. And like you - GRRRRR!!!
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Same problem/error message with me Robert, except I only ordered the download yesterday! It downloaded 66% this morning and then locked me out. I've emailed both CyberLink and DigitalRiver with a screen shot. Let's hope someone gets back to me. And like you - GRRRRR!!!

If you don't get a answer try the moderator...he was right on top of it for me.

Good luck.
Robert