Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fade when using effects
D3fiant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2007 05:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to PD5 and editing in general. I have been playing with holiday footage and have put in some 'effects' into my timeline, however they start and finsih abruptly, how can I fade in and fade out an effect, I know how to do it between clips but not with the effect layer, any advice would be appreciated, tia

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2007 07:36

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
You can soften the sudden impact by placing a fade transition just above the beginning of your effect. You may want to adjust the exact timing to suit your needs. I've never tried it at the end of an effect. It's not perfect, but it helps. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!