Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Designer -- Menu Creation seems REALLY Limited in PD8...
MJR [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Dec 16, 2009 18:32 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to be patient with this Menu Design program, but my patience is wearing thin. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I have viewed the tutorials, and have spent a few hours trying to work through what should be a simple menu. I have tried creating new menus, as well as modify existing templates.

Here are some questions in no particular order:

1) The menu templates I've downloaded will have looping video clips on the root menu. I've tried creating a template from scratch, and cannot seem to figure out how to add the looping video. I do understand how to add "buttons" in Title/Chapter menues, but not on the Root Menu.

2) I found an existing template that I could make work for this project. I FINALLY figured out how to set the clip points for the looping video on the root menu (although it was not easy to find, and I'm not sure I remember now! : ) However, I cannot figure out how to set the clip points for the looping video in the Titles/Chapter menus. I can choose the thumbnail frame, but it doesn't seem to want to loop at that point, and instead just loops the first seconds of the clip.

3) I have set the title in the CONTENT tab, but on the Root Menu it still reads "My Video".

4) When creating a template, I cannot find out where to set the default Background Music.

Hopefully a few suggestion here can help me to reverse my rapidly declining opinion of this editor!

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to offer suggesions.

[Post New]
I'm usually the one asking the questions but thought I would try to help as I'm struggling with "menu" thing too.

First, there is a great vid on "authoring" (which is what "making a menu for your project is apparently called) at:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CyberLinkChannel#p/u/43/HJMYmFNWLjo

Describes title changes etc. It helped me quite a bit although I've still got a few questions I'll post later.

Re: music thing.....when template is selected, below it you'll see the default music associated with it. Click the three little dots next to it to browse and import new music. Once you do, you have options to trim beginning, end points as well as fade in/out and whether it loops and/or is applied to all pages or just "root" page.

See if you can copy/paste link: vid is short but again, helpful (at least to me.)

Good luck.

Melissa in Maine "Pray for the Dead and Fight like Hell for the Living"- Mother Jones
[Post New]
Sorry, messed up reply.

Template in preview window, yes.

Under it is "box" with the default music in it. To the right of that is a MUSIC NOTE with a plus next to it. Click and then you get to the screen with the "three little dots" that you click to search your files and find the music you want. Also the screen in which you can do your music start/finish/loop etc.

Melissa in Maine "Pray for the Dead and Fight like Hell for the Living"- Mother Jones