Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 activation limitations...
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Warning folks with powerdvd 9 and want to try figuring out install orders to fix problems...
It is very easy to exhaust the limited number of times it can be activated with your key.

I would guess i reached about 40 activations before i was told my key was overused.

I did format and installs and plain old uninstall/installs while trying to figure if changing the order of installing drivers and software would fix my various problems.

First off powerdvd 9 compatibility with windows 7 is a joke if you ask me. I would get one thing working and break another. The sad part is only powerdvd always had the problem. Every other software worked fine as always.

Oh well see if my support ticket gets me a new free activation key, because i am not buying another for certain.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow support sure is slow...

They still haven't answered my support ticket for activation issue which clearly says to contact support in the FAQ when you get this error.

No powerdvd and my movies are collecting dust... what a waste of money at this point in time. Guess i have learned something...

Anybody else ever had to ask for new activation cause it was used too many times? How long did it take to get an answer on the support request?
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well it took customer support 2 days to answer my support request.

They now want a screen shot proving my activation is reporting that it has been activated too many times.

Submitted it today and since its the weekend I will again not be able to enjoy BLU RAY or DVD movies using powerdvd 9 ultra.

I am definetly not a happy customer.

I was a bit anal and included the KNOWLEDGE BASE article i used before deciding to contact customer support.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6792&prodId=1&prodVerId=578

It is too bad that article does not say they will want a screen shot provided before they will help you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2009 12:52

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
This should help make and cyberlink support happy when they read my forum post.

PowerDVD 9 Ultra (Download version)
version 9.0.1501.0
Windows 7 64bit Enterprise
RETAIL ONLINE PURCHASE
bfg 9800 gt oc 1gb
Geforce 195.62 whql drivers for windows 7 64bit
IDT 92HD73E
IDT 92xx audio driver 6224.3 v182
HDMI to the display, optical spdif to the av receiver
single display environment
single display so no clone or extended enabled at this time
I am not using an antivirus software while trying figure out these issues.