Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help..I'm over 36 Mins on standard DVD
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I've got a project that I'm 36 minutes over on a standard DVD and wondering if there is any type of compression that I can use that will help me here or are my only options to cut out the 36 minutes or go with a DD DVD.

If I go with a DD DVD will that work in a standard DVD player, and do I need to do anything special to make it work.

Sorry if these are a bit of newb questions my first real big project, and I'd hate to assume anything here.

Thanks
Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If you are doing DVD HQ you probably wouldn't like the compressed result picture quality for a consumer encoder like PD8. Usually 10 maybe 15% if video is rather static frame to frame but not 60% as in your 96 to 60 minute compression. You can use PD8 "Smart Fit" option and see if you like it.

I'd use the DL and DVD HQ.

Jeff
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob,

You can try selecting "Smart Fit" for the video quality setting on the Disc Preferences tab.

This will give your video the best possible resolution based on the space available on the disc.

As JL alluded to however, it will reduce the quality of your video to make it fit. Try it out and see if the output it acceptable to you.

Regards,
David
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks..that did the trick! PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem