Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
60 minute Limit
Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2008 04:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
If my movie is over 60 minutes long then when Power Director renders the MPEG2 file using the standard DVD HQ template it splits the output over 2 files. The final MPEG is only 3.9 GB and could easily fit onto a single DVD yet PD deems it necessary to split the file. Is there any way to bypass this behaviour?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Craig,

In Windows, right mouse click on the drive that you are trying to write the produced file to and select properties. In the General tab, what does the "File system:" say. Sounds like you might have a FAT32 formated drive?

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2009 20:59

Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2008 04:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Craig,

In Windows, right mouse click on the drive that you are trying to write the produced file to and select properties. In the General tab, what does the "File system:" say. Sounds like you might have a FAT32 formated drive?

Jeff

I do unfortunately have a FAT32 drive but the limit for FAT32 is just over 4GB (4,294,967,296 bytes to be precise) and my final project when the 2 files are added together is 3945 MB which is under that limit.

The movie is split at the 1hr 40 second point in the project, that why I was thinking it was the 60 minute limit.