Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help! SVRT NOT Working Properly
MarkyM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2009 12:32 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought this (Latest Build 2220) and added a few AVCHD clips from my Canon HF100 to the timeline as a test.

I then added a simple fade transition between each clip.

In the View menu / SVRT Information screen, it properly shows Green (no rendering required) for each clip (95%) and red (audio and video rendering required) ONLY for the transitions (5%).

When I actually go to produce, it skips over the first clip (as you would expect - so far so good) and then as soon as it gets to the first transition, it renders that (as expected) AND THEN THE REST OF PRODUCTION!

It does not skip over the rest of the clips!

Is there something I am missing?? (I hope...but don't think so)

I am changing to Power Director from Corel VSPX2 (which DID smart render correctly) but crashed a lot and the audio at each transition was choppy.

Thanks,

--Mark--
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark -

The reasons for this are beyond my technical ability, but what is the graphics card you're using?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT has never worked properly with AVCHD clips from Canon (I have a HG20). This issue has been discussed to great lengths over the past year. Cyberlink is aware of this issue since I've personally sent them several clips to play with and received confirmation from them that they are working on it. I can tell you from my experience that the AVCHD rendering has improved with PD8 2220 over the previous versions of PD.

What is different in your case is that it actually gives you a green bar. My test clips always tell me that video rendering is required. What bit rate and frame rate clips are you using?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2009 19:43

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
MarkyM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks James,
Yes, each clip shows green and the red is only at the transitions.
But when actually run, it only skips rendering of the first clip.
I hhave emailed tech support as well and will send clips if they ask for them.
Video card is a Radeon HD 4650.
OS is Windows 7 (x64)
--Mark--
MarkyM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, I didn't answer this part of your question:
>>>What is different in your case is that it actually gives you a green bar. My test clips always tell me that video rendering is required. What bit rate and frame rate clips are you using?<<<
I tried both PF30 and 60i clips. Highest bitrate for the HF100 (I think its 17)
--Mark--
MarkyM [Avatar]
[Post New]
No reply yet from Support.

Should I get my money back and try something else?

If so, what??

--Mark--
MarkyM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Below is the lame reply I received today from tech support! (after 4 days!)
It's as if the "representive" didn't even read or understand the problem!
Does anyone know of a way to get to a "real" support tech?
--Mark--

"Dear Mark,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
I understand that you are using CyberLink PowerDirector and when while producing the video it skips in the beginning.
Regarding your issue, i request you to please update your VGA / sound card rivers on your computer because the video quality it depends on the display drivers on your computer if you are using the updated drivers on your computer then you will not see any skipping problem.
I request you to please contact your computer manufacturer or the display / VGA card manufacturer to provide you the updated drivers for your computer.
To be make sure while producing the video do not use any other application."
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
That kind of reply is fairly typical. I've recieved the same kind of responses for other issues. I was told by someone on this forum who works for Cyberlink that SVRT issues were being looked at. This was last August. The last I heard was late 2009, but only Cyberlink knows for sure what or if anything is being done about this.

From comparing PD 7 and the various updates of PD8 that the rendering quality for HD video has improved, but in my case at least SVRT still does not work. I'm not as concerned about the SVRT at this point because I'm content with the MPEG4 renering quality. I'm only using a 21in monitor. Maybe if I try playing my videos on a large HD display I'll feel differently. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed a new option in preferences in one of the recent builds that has to do with SVRT and h.264 video. You can try enabling that.

Edit > Preferences > Produce Tab > Allow SVRT on single IDR H.264 video

Don't know what that means exactly, do you? You'll get a warning message if you try to enable it.

EDIT: Try using transitions that are longer than 2 seconds. Using the limited number of AVCHD clips that I have to test, with transitions that are 2 seconds or less, there is a stutter at the end of the transition, but with transitions greater than 2 seconds, then no stutter. The 2 second rule isn't ironclad, it's just what I've observed so far.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2009 05:16

David Laine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 15:26 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Well it looks like this has solved my Canon HG10 AVCHD file smart remder problems

Great news I am well pleased with Cyberlink

Even a programme that says it is pro and costs over $500 cannot work smart render with HG 10 files

I am off for a editing Christmas

Happy Holidays to you all

James W
[Post New]
David,

What bit rate and resolution are your HG10 video clips recorded in? I have the HG20 and my two highest settings are 17 Mb/s and 24 Mb/s at 1080i.

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
[Post New]
I've gone back and tried every setting and SVRT for video will not work with my HG20. The audio will smart render. I'm using PD 2220c. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
David Laine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 15:26 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
in File propaties it shows

15183kbps

I am using 2220 not 2220c

Where did you get 2220c from ??

Can you upload a small sample of your HG20 files so I can have a go with them?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2009 13:03

James W
[Post New]
2220c is the current beta release which came after 2220. You can get it by contacting Cybelink directly and asking for it.

I'll be traveling for awhile but when I get back I'll look into uploading a file. I have some online hard drive space which I can use.

Looking at your information the HG10 is set for 17 Mb/s. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT