Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 9 trial version won't open in Windows 7 64bit and produces error message.
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Was finally able to uninstall the last trial version of PowerDVD Ultra 9 and decided to give it one more try.
Upon a successful installation it fails to open and gave an error message about some file being missing from the library blah blah.
This is the LAST STRAW for me and cyberlink products.
I have stuck with them for the last 5 years and after upgrading my computer to Windows 7 64 bit, I am SICK of ALL the PROBLEMS this has given me.
I can't get my paid version of PowerDVD Ultra 8 to work or the trial version of Ultra 9.
I have been given nothing but canned answers and no working solutions to my problems.
I'M FINISHED!! You have lost another customer.
I have decided to take advantage of the promotional special and purchase Arcsoft TMT Platinum which actually works.
It may not be quite as sophisticated as Ultra9 but it plays blu-ray movies without crashing and without all the other problems I have had with recent PowerDVD programs.
It's to bad Cyberlink can't seem to produce a reliable program that doesn't a require major effort and countless aggregation to get to work properly.
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm still am not happy I paid for the retail version of PowerDVD Ultra 8 and can't even get it to work using Windows 7 64 bit OS.
I feel like I have been ripped off.
I am however VERY happy with my purchase of Arcsoft TMT 3 Platinum as a replacement.
It has performed flawlessly!!!
So far the program has played EVERY new blu-ray movie with NO issues, NO crashes, NO patches or updates.
This is certainly more than I can say for any of the PowerDVD Ultra 8-9 versions I tried.
Joachim.Claus@t-online.de [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2009 13:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hallo JJPower,
your comments are well understood. I have similar experiences. I have never had a software which is so lousy.
I am happy to having followed your advice with Arcsoft. I downloaded the trial version and tested it to my full satisfaction. Immediately bought the retail version and will forget PowerDVD. Thanks again for the hint.
Regards,
Joachim
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Joachim,
Glad TMT worked out for you.
Maybe more people will read this and decide they had enough problems with PowerDVD and make the switch.
Hopefully Cyberlink will take notice and come out with a bug free stable program that works without patches and countless support tickets.