Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I save / extract just the audio track?
Tabletguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 05:29 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to save the audio track separately, so that we can distribute either audio or video with audio, etc.

Is there anything already built into PD8 for this?

I know how to separate the audio track into a separate edit line on the editor screen.

I didn't read all previous messages, but did search and read a few pages of possible matches without finding an answer.

Thanks
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tabletguy,

Right click on any of your clips that you have imported to the Library (where you drag your clips from), and choose Extract Audio.
This will create a seperate .wav audio file, and place it in the Library and your designated save folder.

Or, place the video clip in the Master track timeline > click Produce > click WMV.
In the drop down menu, chose Window Media Audio 8 Better than CD Quality > click Start.
This will produce a .wma audio file of your clip.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 26. 2009 03:33

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
After selecting Produce, click on the ".WMV" button. Then select an audio profile from the drop-down list.

You don't need to separate the audio from the video clip beforehand.

I think that may be it without using 3rd party tools. But I'm still learning, so there may be other ways that I don't know about.