Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple Titles Using Power Director
Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2008 04:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Can you have multiple titles in your final disc with PD v7. I can't see how to add a new title.

I also have Power Producer 5 which I know I can add multiple titles with but i prefer to work out of PD as the preview functionality works better.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Craig -

The only way I know of having multiple "Titles" appear on the screen at once is by making graphics out of the words, adding transparency, saving them as .png files and placing them in PIP tracks.

The opening of this http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/563/great/ shows where I've done just that.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Craig [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Craig -

The only way I know of having multiple "Titles" appear on the screen at once is by making graphics out of the words, adding transparency, saving them as .png files and placing them in PIP tracks.

The opening of this http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/563/great/ shows where I've done just that.

Cheers - Tony

Cheers Tony. I don't mean have multiple titles on screen at one time, I just mean having more than one dvd title (as opposed to chapters) on the actual disc.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

When is a title not a title? When it's something else.

OK - if you're using PD7, NO. If you're using PD8, YES.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Craig [Avatar]
[Post New]
cheers for that.

Given that Power Producer allows editing of a completed disc could I "Produce" a disc in PD7 and have that saved as a DVD folder (as opposed to writing it to disc), then create another title with PD7 again saving it as a DVD folder and then use PP 5 to write both titles onto one DVD disc.

Also, if I am using more than one title do I need to use special DVD menus that support multiple titles?
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Craig

There is a compromise which may suit your needs. If you don’t need chapters within your separate video titles, you can get multiple titles onto a DVD with PD7 by treating each video title as a “chapter” .

However, remember the anomalous behavior of menus in PD7 and PD8.

In PD7 there is no “Return to Menu” capability, i.e. once you select a “chapter” from your menu, that chapter will play and then all the remaining chapters will also play until the end of your disc.

In PD8 you can get a “Return to Menu” after you select a title, but you cannot then use the “Play All” feature – only the first title will play. If you set it up so that “Play All” will work, then the “Return to Menu” will not. Cyberlink is aware of this problem and their research and development department is supposed to be attempting to correct it. (I haven’t checked the latest patches – maybe it has been fixed by now!)

Power Producer 5 also has the same problem as PD8 with its menus.

HTH

Robert
Craig [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Craig

There is a compromise which may suit your needs. If you don’t need chapters within your separate video titles, you can get multiple titles onto a DVD with PD7 by treating each video title as a “chapter” .

However, remember the anomalous behavior of menus in PD7 and PD8.

In PD7 there is no “Return to Menu” capability, i.e. once you select a “chapter” from your menu, that chapter will play and then all the remaining chapters will also play until the end of your disc.

In PD8 you can get a “Return to Menu” after you select a title, but you cannot then use the “Play All” feature – only the first title will play. If you set it up so that “Play All” will work, then the “Return to Menu” will not. Cyberlink is aware of this problem and their research and development department is supposed to be attempting to correct it. (I haven’t checked the latest patches – maybe it has been fixed by now!)

Power Producer 5 also has the same problem as PD8 with its menus.

HTH

Robert

Robert,

Thanks for that.

The play all thing in PD5 doesn't really bother me but do I need to download specific multi-title menus as all the ones I've seem look like they are made only for one title.