Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade from Black and Inserting black backround
Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2008 04:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi There,

I'm not sure if this is two questions or one but what I want to do is fade from black at the very beginning of my timeline into the first clip. Sometimes I want to just fade immediately from black right at the beginning of the timeline but sometimes I want quite a few seconds of black before the fade starts so I can fit in some titles. How do I do this?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig and welcome,

This is very simple to do and the secret is COLOR BOARDS. You will find these in the MEDIA ROOM where you can see your imported clips. See the drop down window that says ALL CONTENT? Select that and you will see the COLOR BOARD choice. Drag the Black Color Board to the TIMELINE prior to your video clip. Adjust its length via the DURATION button or by dragging the right side of the color board on the timeline. Notice the box that is displayed as you drag displaying the total time. Add a Fade transition or something you want inbetween the two. And do the same thing at the end of your movie....insert a color board....ROLL CREDITS!! Cool huh?!!

I hope this is the info you were looking for!!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2009 19:55

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig -

To fade immediately from black, just insert a fade at the beginning of the video (same applies to the end).

If you want a few seconds of black, then fade... insert a black colour board at the start, then a fade transition (same applies to the end).

Duration of colour board and fade can be adjusted.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2008 04:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
thanks both you, i'll give it a go.