Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Move Every Track In Timeline To The Right To Insert A Title At The Beginning?
GEAtkins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 15:38 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Noob question I know, but how do I lock and move every track in the timeline in sychronization to the right so that I can insert an opening title at the very beginning?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

Glenn
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi GEAtkins,

Click on Directors chair > Edit > Preferences > Editing. Then put a check mark in the Link All Tracks box. This will cause your other PIP and Audio tracks to shift when you alter the Master Track.

Also, the is a little padlock icon at the left of each track. Click on the padlock to lock just that track.

Then simply insert a color board into the timeline at the start of your production, and add your titles.
This link will show you how to find the color boards in PD.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#top
(second item posted)

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
GEAtkins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 15:38 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
very nice, thank you.

Glenn
robes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2010 05:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same sort of question but ticking "link all tracks" doesn't seem to work. In general I'd like to insert a clip or image in the master track but have all the other tracks (subtitles too) move on by the time of the new insertion; instead i have to go back and readjust all my 2ndary tracks. This must be a regular requirement, where am i going wrong? thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi robes -

Sorry - misread your post. Try unchecking - then re-checking the option.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2010 06:11

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
robes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2010 05:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
that worked! Surely that's seen as a pretty material bug?

thanks!