Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Uninstall PD7 Ultra to install PD8
George1938
Senior Member Location: Northern & Central New York, Summer & Orlando, FL winter Joined: Jun 20, 2009 04:58 Messages: 162 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I downloaded the the two PD8 Ultra files ok, but when I go to install, I can't uninstall PD7. Get Error!! The product definitation file is lost.

Also tried to uninstall from Control Panel but wants to install instead with same error message.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GEORGE Dell Studio XPS 9100
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
64 Bit Operating Sytem
12 GB DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1248 MB Memory

Canon HF S21 & Canon HG21
GEAtkins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 15:38 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this would help or not, but it just popped into my head.

What if you reinstalled Version 7, then uninstalled it? Might that work?

Glenn
George1938
Senior Member Location: Northern & Central New York, Summer & Orlando, FL winter Joined: Jun 20, 2009 04:58 Messages: 162 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Glenn,

Gave it a try but same exact results when I tried to reinstall PD7.

What if I was to manually delete everything with regards to PD Director as well as references to in the registry, or would I then have other problems? I am using Windows XP.

George Dell Studio XPS 9100
64 Bit Operating Sytem
12 GB DDR3 SDRAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Glenn,

Gave it a try but same exact results when I tried to reinstall PD7.

What if I was to manually delete everything with regards to PD Director as well as references to in the registry, or would I then have other problems? I am using Windows XP.

George

Now the answer is pretty simple:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
PART P & V

As you've purchased the upgrade you'd then need to next re-install PD7 and then PD8.

If this issue persists then please post again.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 21. 2009 10:55

George1938
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

PD8 is now up and running, and registered, however I still got the same error message after following the instructions in Part C. I than ran MS Clean Up Install and that solved the problem so I could completely uninstall 7, reinstall and then was able to install PD8 as you directed.

With regards to your comments, no offence as I much preferred your help rather than trying to contact Tech Support direct. I am not only new to video editing, but forums in general as this is the first forum I have ever used, and as you can see, just a few times. The reason where I live I had no internet connection, or a dial up connection, or had to travel several miles, so didn't spend much time on the internet. Now I have a satellite connection on this my main computer.

Again my thanks.
GEORGE Dell Studio XPS 9100
64 Bit Operating Sytem
12 GB DDR3 SDRAM