Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone with DVD problems on Sony players?
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
just noticed a "funny" thing that is probably not Cyberlink's fault.

I produced a few DVDs and then played them without problems on PCs (with PowerDVD or other Windows dvd players) and Macs

Then each time I play them on a home movie theater system, just a few seconds after a "transition" effect, the movie becomes jerky, the image freezes and then jumps +3 seconds.

There is no reason for this as the produced DVD content is static, not dynamic.

But what is amazing is that I played that produced DVD and it is jerky on home movie thearer systems (HMTS) only when the DVD player is a SONY.

The same DVD played on a HMTS without a Sony player works perfectly, not jerky, scenes are smooth, etc.
I played it on two Toshiba players, one Pionneer, and on an LG, all those showed a perfect movie.
The problem is only on the Sony ones.

How could that be? Is the decompression processing different on Sony?
Any workaround besides buying another brand?
This is very strange.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Newbie Location: Fairfax, VA Joined: Aug 30, 2009 17:41 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi sjordi,

I have a related experience. With a travel video shot with a new Panasonic SD camcorder and edited in the included Panasonic editing software, produced on a DVD in SDHQ 16:9, played back on a Sony "upconvering" DVD player, I get a 1-2 second freeze frame before every scene change.

However, previous DVDs made from SD videos shot with a Canon DV (mini cassette) camcorder and edited in a different program, play back perfectly in the Sony.

I am presently editing the first mentioned travel video in PD8, and I am curious to see how it will play in the Sony. J. O.
[Post New]
I have burned a few DVD's and BD's that I have played back on my Sony BD player and haven't noticed anything like that. I will try to test them all and see if I get that result and post again if I do.