Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
water mark ( i need help )
bawse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 20:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
ok so i just got this new version..

seems good..

my problem or where i need help is doing the ' water mark ' adding logo etc..

so i follow same process ' cyberlink posted on youtube for power director 7 '

but when i like have the water mark ready....

i click chroma key .. the water mark on the preview screen on it looks ' blurry ' really bad.. like if i made the picture small ( which i did to resize it ) but in my old version it didnt look like that...

oky well if i click ' add/edit motion for the Pip effect button ' takes me to the other screen where i can make it ' transperancy ' welll on the preview here looks good like it always did on my older version '

so well yeah what am I doing wrong ? .....

when i render it etc.. seems blurry nasty... .

if any one can help me thanks..

i can take screen shots if it helps...
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If it is a still shot, I would suggest using a photo editor to make a transparent png image and use that as the watermark. GIMP (gimp.org, i think) will do it, or PhotoShop if you have that available to you. I haven't tried one in PD8, so I don't know what the quality issue is. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
bawse [Avatar]
[Post New]
see i water mark this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MReYIkKKrdY

with cyberlink 7

that looks way better than what im getting now.. i can show u like a screen shot.....

weird .. i should just go back to 7 cuss this 8 is weird..
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Yea, I watermark my race videos like that. I just used Photoshop and it worked good. I will have to do a better design when I go HD, though. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bawse -

From my experience, there's very little difference in the chroma key properties in PD7 & PD8.

You ought to do what Jaime suggested...

1. Make your graphic (the watermark) in a graphics program that can apply transparency... if you don't have Photoshop, Paint.net will do a good enough job. It's a freebie.

2. Click on the area you want to be transparent... apply - in Paint.net, type Ctrl+X (you may have to adjust the tolerance)

3. Save it as a png file

4. Import it into PD7 or PD8 (makes no difference)

5. Place it in a PIP track... adjust placement, duration, size etc.

Cheers - or I guess I should say "cheerz" (whcih is so much more efficient)

Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
[Post New]
As I recall, Paint.net is not the Paint that comes installed on every version of Windows. That would be the improved version that is, like Tony said, a free download - not from Microsoft. Just thought I would point that out in case anyone didn't know. It's a good program and easier to use than GIMP. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Jaime - you are absolutely right...

The Windows Paint won't do transparency.

Paint.NET is at http://www.paint.net/

Have a look at Dafydd's watermark in this video - I imagine he made it in the same way that has been suggested... http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/756/butterfly-visitors/

Cheers - Tony

bawse [Avatar]
[Post New]
im about to post some screen shots.... to show ya exact what the problem is..
bawse [Avatar]
[Post New]
this is what i do chroma key part

By jjdp at 2009-11-11

see...

By jjdp at 2009-11-11

see this is how it looks BLURRY

By jjdp at 2009-11-11

when click on the edit part looks CLEAR

By jjdp at 2009-11-11

this is the final thing looks ALL BLURRYY

By jjdp at 2009-11-11

im tryiing to get it clear how i been had it with cyberlink 7 ..
ynotfish
[Post New]
Bawse -

It looks to my bleary old eyes that the way this watermark was made in the first place has led to its current appearance. Leaving aside any observation about layout, the best way I know how to do it is what Jaime said in the first instance.

I'm attaching a .png file made in Paint.NET just the way it's been explained. When I put it in PD8 (as outlined above), there was no evidence of blur.
I did not use chroma key, but imported the transparent file.

I know this isn't the same as your watermark, but it gives you the idea.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - SnapShot.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Watermark in situ
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
[Thumb - Watermark.png]
 Filename
Watermark.png
[Disk]
 Description
Watermark Mockup
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
150 time(s)