Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Duration for several clips
JOF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2019 01:38 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
If I select several clips in the timeline, how do I see the duration for ALL the clips selected?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I select several clips in the timeline, how do I see the duration for ALL the clips selected?

How do you see or how do you set the duration?

If it's the former, you can't do it as a group and you have to look at each clip individually. If it's the latter, as long as all of the selected clips are the same type (eg titles, videos or images), then you can use the Duration tool as shown here:

If the Duration tool is not visible it means you have more than one type of object selected and you'll have to try again using only one type at a time.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I select several clips in the timeline, how do I see the duration for ALL the clips selected?

Hi,
If you highlight and select the clips "normally" then Optodata is correct and the duration of the selected clips is not displayed anywhere.

However, if you use the range selection function the duration of the range is displayed in the timeline preview window. The downside is that there is a little more work to do to select the clips accurately, the upside is that the duration of any range (not necessarily complete clips) is displayed in real time as you drag the orange range selector along the timeline.

This might help with your needs?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
JOF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2019 01:38 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both for your time and help. Really appreciate it.