Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with photo director face swap not selecting all faces
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have the latest version of photo director, but when trying to swap faces between two almost identical photos, whIch each contain the same eight faces, in the same places, the guided photo merge only picks up two of the faces to swap. Is there any way to manually select faces to swap?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I see the same thing. Sometimes the the choices are of the same face in each photo and sometimes it choses the wrong person as one or more of the choices. Here are two examples of what I see with 5 images selected to pick from:

I don't see any way to force the app to use a specific face/photo but you can probably do it by masking out all the faces you don't want in the "replacement" photo and see if that gives you a usable selection. You can do that multiple times as needed but that sounds like a very good item to submit to CL for user feedback.

You can reach them from the Help menu then choose Rate Us & Provide Suggestions
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you so much for your answer. I too have had problems with different or duplicate faces showing. I will try your suggestion of masking and using replacements, and will indeed submit feedback to CL. It is nice to know it's not my error, and that it doesn't seem to be an issue with my particular sofware. Many thanks again.

Quote I see the same thing. Sometimes the the choices are of the same face in each photo and sometimes it choses the wrong person as one or more of the choices. Here are two examples of what I see with 5 images selected to pick from:

I don't see any way to force the app to use a specific face/photo but you can probably do it by masking out all the faces you don't want in the "replacement" photo and see if that gives you a usable selection. You can do that multiple times as needed but that sounds like a very good item to submit to CL for user feedback.

You can reach them from the Help menu then choose Rate Us & Provide Suggestions