Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I change my license from Windows to Mac?
Hieke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2019 12:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

A few months ago I bought PD19 (I already had 16). My Windows laptop crashed and can't be repaired. This time I'll try a Mac. Can I somehow change the license? Or can I install the software on any platform anyway as long as it's on 1 device only? I have used it only a few times since my purchase, but that's not super relevant for this question I guess.

For older productions I still use 16 - it would be nice if that license is transferable too.

I also created a ticket about this, but the helpdesk can be super slow and I need to know before Friday since I'll be using a Black Friday Offer. And the sooner the better, I don't want my favourite laptop to be out of stock after so many hours of research :

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Kind regards,
Hieke

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2021 14:59

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Keep in mind, the current MAC PD version does not support the seam features as the WIN version as it's still under significant development. This page highlights some difference that may affect your choice. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26040

There was never a PD16 MAC version so no license revert option there.

Jeff