Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD won't let me play audio CDs on WMP (Windows Media Player)
SweetTasha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2019 17:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I've changed the Windows 10 default app for CDs to WMP but when I load a CD it still opens with PowerDVD. I'm more comfortable with WMP for playing CDs. Is there a setting in PowerDVD that I can tweak to get it to stop that behavior?

TIA.
SweetTasha.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've changed the Windows 10 default app for CDs to WMP but when I load a CD it still opens with PowerDVD. I'm more comfortable with WMP for playing CDs. Is there a setting in PowerDVD that I can tweak to get it to stop that behavior?

TIA.
SweetTasha.

Windows 10's default app setting is buggy when you are adjusting the autoplay function.

You can try the autoplay settings in the traditonal control panel but not in the default app settings.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/where-is-control-panel-aef7065f-a9ec-1ba9-8cab-79b2b83bdda5