Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PowerDirector 365 convert video to a GIF ?
BigDzY123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2021 08:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Completely new to video editing and photography in general, getting into drone cinema. Is it possible to convert a video to a GIF with PowerDirector 365? If so, is there any helpful documentation on how to do it?

Thank you.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 365 (20) does not have to option to output a GIF file. It has the option to export an Image sequence. Recommend to use PNG (JPG is also possible) and to use a separate (empty) folder to drop the images in.
Once you have the images you can use another program (there are many) to create a GIF file. One of the programs to create GIF files is PhotoDirector, if you have that, import the images created in the above step and then create a GIF file.
PhotoDirector has also the option to import video clips (that can be generated with PD, and then create a GIF file with the imported images from the video file.
It depends a bit on what it is you want to do. If you create a video clip with PD first then exporting the imahes there might be easier. Maybe you want to expertiment a bit with the setting too, there are options to change the frame rate and the image/video sizes.
Have fun.
Warry
KCwho [Avatar]
Administrator Joined: May 02, 2014 03:14 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
PhotoDirector 365 can easily do that.

Tutorial
BigDzY123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PhotoDirector 365 can easily do that.

Tutorial

Thanks so much . I tried the PhotoDirector, and it was really easy to generate a GIF with it. But, it was very choppy -- I'll need to search for tutorials on how to smooth it out, if there are any.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BigDzY123 -

If it's jerky, you probably need to select frames that are closer together.

Did you allow PhotoDirector to automatically select frames or choose them manually?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BigDzY123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi BigDzY123 -

If it's jerky, you probably need to select frames that are closer together.

Did you allow PhotoDirector to automatically select frames or choose them manually?

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the help. I did select auto-select. I need to happily go on a journey of exploring documents and youtube videos training because I am starting with a basic knowledge of paintbox for windows...lol, beginning with the links you provided.

I have the PhotoDirector and PowerDirector and hope to develop some good drone cinema, as I am a pretty good drone pilot -- I will start with basic training before posting a specific question on the forum-- otherwise, there would be hundreds of them posted....lol.

Thank you all for the kind feedback and warm responses. Let the fun begin!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2021 15:31