Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR12.exe has stopped working
Norm Mast [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2021 17:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
This could very well be an old issue long resolved. But as a first time user it's a stopper for me. I ran the install disc that came with a Dell USB Slim DVD drive... and can not find a way to actually burn to a DVD. This message is the stopper for me. Is it a requirment that I actually purchase a plan thru CbyerLink to complete this process?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The PD12LE was never able to burn a DVD. It has not been patched to work with the latest Windows 10 updates.
Norm Mast [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The PD12LE was never able to burn a DVD. It has not been patched to work with the latest Windows 10 updates.

So, the program I loaded was the Program Director 15, and shows what I would call all the functions to create and burn a DVD. Capture,eidt,produce, & create disc. Are you saying this does NOT give me the ability to burn my DVD? Bummer if so..
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So, the program I loaded was the Program Director 15, and shows what I would call all the functions to create and burn a DVD. Capture,eidt,produce, & create disc. Are you saying this does NOT give me the ability to burn my DVD? Bummer if so..

It would be helpful if you click PowerDirector in the upper right hand corner and screen capture and attach the pic so we can see what version you really have. Title indicates PD12, now PD15, the pic will provide the release and version information for what you are running.

Jeff
Norm Mast [Avatar]
[Post New]

It would be helpful if you click PowerDirector in the upper right hand corner and screen capture and attach the pic so we can see what version you really have. Title indicates PD12, now PD15, the pic will provide the release and version information for what you are running.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15.png]
 Filename
PD15.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
572 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
So you have the LE version which is a very, very limited version of the 5 year old PD15 release. It may be able to create a DVD with very basic video, like MPEG or wmv in the timeline.

To see if you can:
1) drag the Kite Surfing.wmv video to track 1
2) Click "Create Disc" on the top menu
3) Select 2D Disk and DVD for disc type and then the "Burn in 2D" in the lower right corner and see if you can burn or if you get a warning about upgrading.

Cyberlink does not have a great table to see exactly what's not supported in this limited LE version so trial and error and see when you get a warning about upgrading is the easiest way.

Jeff
Norm Mast [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff..I'll give that a whirl...

Quote So you have the LE version which is a very, very limited version of the 5 year old PD15 release. It may be able to create a DVD with very basic video, like MPEG or wmv in the timeline.

To see if you can:
1) drag the Kite Surfing.wmv video to track 1
2) Click "Create Disc" on the top menu
3) Select 2D Disk and DVD for disc type and then the "Burn in 2D" in the lower right corner and see if you can burn or if you get a warning about upgrading.

Cyberlink does not have a great table to see exactly what's not supported in this limited LE version so trial and error and see when you get a warning about upgrading is the easiest way.

Jeff
Norm Mast [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, I don't have to use the Produce function first? When I use Creat Disc I get a pop up stating Your version doesn't support this version...and an Upgrade button on the bottom

Quote Thanks Jeff..I'll give that a whirl...

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote So, I don't have to use the Produce function first? When I use Creat Disc I get a pop up stating Your version doesn't support this version...and an Upgrade button on the bottom

No, you do not have to "Produce" first to create a disc.

Since you got the upgrade warning, this LE version simply lacks the ability to create a basic DVD.

Jeff
Norm Mast [Avatar]
[Post New]
So...I hate to say this, but then without purchasing one of the packages then I can't burn a DVD...And seriously...I don't need to have fancy bells & whistles...just need to burn some files. Best option for my $ then is? And, a one time purchase or yearly costs?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote So...I hate to say this, but then without purchasing one of the packages then I can't burn a DVD...And seriously...I don't need to have fancy bells & whistles...just need to burn some files. Best option for my $ then is? And, a one time purchase or yearly costs?

Yes, you'd need a PD product that supports burning to DVD and with such you get a suite of editing features which sounds maybe way more than your need.

Do a search, plenty of free products out there.

Jeff
Norm Mast [Avatar]
[Post New]
All right...thanks everyone for chiming in here.

Yes, you'd need a PD product that supports burning to DVD and with such you get a suite of editing features which sounds maybe way more than your need.

Do a search, plenty of free products out there.

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps the free version of Power2Go would be a consideration. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT