Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question - PhD11 - How to add motion blur to specific objects in a picture
DamienC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2020 19:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there !

I hope this question is not plain stupid, I tried to look online and spent a good amount of time within the software to try and find the solution, but am stuck now.
I can't find how to achieve this.

So I have a picture with friends playing some beach ball game.
I want to add a movement blur effect, but only to the ball. Not to the friends.
Also, I'd like to try adding a movement blur effect to the sand a friend is spreading with his foot.

So... How could I achieve this ?

I found this thread, which applies to the regular blur, not the directional/movement blue.

Thanks in advance for your help !
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have PhD 6, 7 and 13/365 and in the newest version there's a Motion Blur option the Blur Tools on the Guided menu:

The older versions have the Blur Tool on the Edit menu but do not have Motion Blur as an option. I don't know where PhD11 fits but if you don't see that option you'd need to upgrade to a newer version.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 27. 2021 15:30

[Post New]
Hello DamienC,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Further to optodata's advice, I can confirm that the same Blur Tool options shown in PhD13/365 are available in PhD11

This screenshot is from PhD11:

PIX PIX YouTube channel
DamienC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi and thanks for the replies.

But that tool allows to add movement/directional blur to everything EXCEPT a spot.
I want the exact opposite; have only one element blurred, with everything else sharp...

So in your example, it would need a 'reverse mask' option.

I guess the only way to achieve my goal would be to duplicate my picture and work with layers or something... That's a lot of extra work.

Thanks anyway.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You just need to dig a little deeper đź‘Ť

DamienC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You just need to dig a little deeper đź‘Ť

Hello optodata !

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I checked there already but did not see that option.
It looks like this is a feature that was not introduced in PE11.

Maybe I'll upgrade someday, then.

Thanks again !