Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom Mask In PD365 Not Working
Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2018 06:08 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue that I am having with custom masks in mask designer.
The issue is as follows I click around the area that I want to mask out and I see the result that I want to achieve. I select okay to complete the process and the mask fails to show the masked-out area result. I have tried inverting, moving masked area onto different tracks nothing seems to work. I have watched and followed several tutorials; I just cannot get it to work. Can anyone tell me is the software faulty, am I missing something obvious, or is there some setting in configuration, I have run out of Ideas to try.
The other mask options Image Masks, Text and Brush work as expected.
my OS is Windows 10, CPU Ryzen 7 3700x Display card is Nvida GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see any issues on my end. By any chance are you working with the free or trial version? Click on the camera icon at the top left of the app window and tell us the exact version you're running.

You may also want to make a screen recording showing the specific steps you're making and what your project timeline looks like.

Here's what I see in a combined screenshot:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2021 17:35

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Here's my tutorial on this feature, if it's helfpul.

Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your feed back StevenG have resolved the issue, the problem layed in the Nvida setup. I decided to turn off the hardware acceleration in Power Director 365, in a process of stripping back possible offenders. This immediatly reolved the problem. So with a bit of reading I was pointed to the Nvida Control Panel to program settings. Then to make a change to the CUDA - GPU and selecting the Nvida GeForce GTX 1060 6GB instead of the Use Global settings. Turned on the Hardware acceleration enable OpenCl and Enable Hardware Encoding re Optomised result problem resolved. I hope this helps someone else, if they are struggling with the same issue.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 04. 2021 04:45

Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Here's my tutorial on this feature, if it's helfpul.

Thank you for your input very much appreciated, but it did not cure or resolve my issue, I have posted the solution that worked for me above this post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 04. 2021 04:49